"Open DofE Centres in West Sussex"
Open DofE Centres in West Sussex is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (Charity No. 1169592) offering the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in West Sussex based in Shoreham (Adur), Chichester and Horsham.
We operate under the DofE licence held by West Sussex County Council, and our Centres are run exclusively by volunteers. Our trustees represent the three locations, provide advice and guidance, and ensure the effective running of the organisation as a whole.
OUR CHARITABLE OBJECTS
- Providing them with opportunities to participate in and achieve the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, regardless of their background or circumstances;
- Guiding and supporting them with all sections of the Award;
- Preparing them for the expedition section of the Award through education and adventurous training;
- and by facilitating affordable and high quality practice and assessed expeditions.
See Contacts for details
We have some 36 volunteers who help manage the D of E programmes. Read more about our Volunteers here.
The Charity's Annual report will be published after the end of the Financial Year, Oct 1st - Sep 30th, each year.
The following Annual Reports are available for inspection:
|Year||Name||Click to read|
|2016-2017||ODEC 2017 Accounts and Annual Report|
Fundraising and Donations
The Charity is funded by the participants and by charitable donations and grants.
The Charity's costs include Insurance, AALA licensing, Training and Premises hire amongst other administration costs. We are very grateful for donations received from, among others, the following:
- West Sussex County DofE Committee
- West Sussex County Local Committees in South Chichester CLC, North Horsham CLC, and Central and South Mid Sussex CLC
- Tesco plc